The mission of Safe Kids Tarrant County is to work together in a long-term, multifaceted effort to prevent accidental childhood injury.
Since 1999, SKTC has:
- Distributed more than 1.5 million injury prevention brochures.
- Provided certified child safety technicians to check more than 6,250 car seats and educated families on the best ways to transport their children.
- Distributed 15,000 child safety seats.
- Provided 70,000 water watcher tags.
- Dispersed 23,150 small parts testers (choke tubes).
- Provide educational materials and training
- Distribute safety devices (car seats, life jackets, water watcher tags)
- Support community agencies in their injury prevention efforts
- Advocate for state and local safety laws
- Conduct public awareness campaigns
You can help by:
- Attending our lunch meeting, every other month
- Volunteering for community events
- Helping us spread the word with the people you know
- Learning about community resources provided by member organizations
Safe Kids Tarrant County membership information and application:
Safe Kids Tarrant County membership resources:
For more information, please contact Terri Ford, Safe Kids Tarrant County coordinator at 682-885-1619 or email email@example.com.