My child has
Cook Children's offers three comprehensive health care plans, available to all full and half-time employees.
We offer full and half-time employees a choice between a comprehensive PPO plan and a dental HMO plan. Both plans offer orthodontia coverage.
Employees begin accruing PTO hours upon hire. PTO hours are accrued for every hour paid (up to 80 hours per pay period). The accrual rate is as follows:
Years of Service
Annual Accrual Rate
Less than 1 year
Full, Half or Part-Time
Beginning 2nd year
Beginning 3rd year
Beginning 10th year
For full-time and half-time employees, earn up to 3 days your first year and 7 days in all subsequent years. Sell back provision begin after 10 years of service.
For full-time employees, two times your annual base salary up to $500,000 is provided by Cook Children's Health Care System.
In addition to the basic life insurance provided by Cook Children's, there are a variety of individual life insurance options that can be purchased by full and half-time employees through payroll deductions, up to the maximum amounts in the table below.
4 times your salary or $750,000
For full-time employees, Cook Children's provides a basic long-term disability plan that pays 50% of your base salary beginning six months after the date of your disability. All full time employees have the option of purchasing an additional 10% coverage for a total of 60% of the base salary in long-term disability coverage. All half time employees have the option to purchase a 60% long-term disability plan. The maximum benefit is $10,000 a month.
Full and half-time employees may purchase a 60% short-term disability plan. These benefits begin 45 days after the date of disability and can continue for up to 20 weeks. The maximum benefit available is $1,000 per week.
Employer provided coverage in the amount of 2 times your base salary up to $500,000 for all full-time employees.
Employees may participate in either the medical and/or dependent care flexible spending accounts that allow pre-tax deductions to be used for qualifyied expenses.
All employees are eligible to make pre-tax and/or Roth contributions to the Cook Children's 403(b) plan and will receive corresponding matching funds in the Cook Children's 401(a). Matching contributions will be based on your employment status, contribution level to the 403(b) and your years of service (see chart below).
Completed Years of Service
If you put in at least this percentage
Employer will match up to this percentage of salary contributed
Less than 5 years
5 to 6 years
6 to 11 years
Over 11 years
After six months of employment, full and half-time employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement for job-related courses taken toward a degree. Employees are reimbursed for eligible tuition and required fees for amounts up to $5,000 per fiscal year.
Confidential counseling services are available for employees and members of the employee's immediate family.
Employees are eligible for this program after one year of employment and it assists in defraying some of the cost associated with the adoption process and fees.
This plan is designed to give employees affordable access to legal services for situations involving personal and work life issues.
Located at the medical center campus, these services are available to all employees and include access to discount amusement park and movie tickets, laundry service, travel agency, transportation arrangements, party planning, massage therapy, ordering flowers and gift baskets, and much more.
Kid's Place is an on-site child development center managed by the professional staff of Bright Horizons, Inc. It is Cook Children's desire to provide quality childcare, early education, and work/life solutions for our employees and their families. Please call 817-335-2755 to learn more about Kid's Place.
For Parents and Families
Pediatric Surgery Center
Request medical records
Support groups, camps and family programs
Health Care Professionals
Referring a patient
Professional continuing education
Specialty Care Services
Specialty service listings
Find Care for Your Child
Locations and maps
Support our patients
Your gift in action
About our health foundation
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Healthcare career opportunities
Working at Cook Children's
About Cook Children's
A history of care
The Center for Children's Health
Contractor and vendor information
Procedures, conditions & medications
Need help finding health information?
Safety and prevention
KidsCheckup iPhone app
Cook Children's Checkup blog
682.885.4000 | Contact Us | Legal | Privacy | Patients
and Parents Rights
Copyright 2013 by Cook Children's Health Care System, Fort Worth, Texas