Urgent Care and Pediatric Specialties
Choosing Cook Children's Urgent Care and Pediatric Specialties
Whether it's a one-time urgent need when your regular doctor isn't available, or a referral to one of our specialists to treat a complicated issue, you can trust that your child will receive the very best pediatric care available. Cook Children's specialty services are recognized throughout the region, state, and nation; and should the need arise, you can trust that your child has access to our entire health care system. That's why so many pediatricians refer their patients to our specialists. Whether it's a sick child or a kid who's been injured or in need of highly specialized care, our goal is to treat them all well.
We treat patients from birth to age 21:
- Young adults
For your convenience we offer:
- Gourmet coffee bar
- Age-appropriate in-room movies for the kids.
The doctor will see you now.
When it comes to kids, anything can happen: a sprained ankle at a little league game, a bad cough, a spiking fever at night, a dog bite or even marbles stuck in the nose. And it usually happens when your regular doctor is unavailable, which is why we open early, and stay open late. Urgent care services include:
- Tummy ache
- Bone fractures, sprains, burns, cuts
- Sports injury, minor accidents
- Rash, insect bites, minor animal bites or scratches
- Asthma, allergy, bronchitis, croup
- Colds, flu, sore throat, strep throat
- Foreign object removal (marbles, peas, beans and other interesting things)
- Anything that makes mom or dad worry
At Cook Children's, we've seen it all, and we treat it all, quickly. Our team of pediatric-trained physicians, nurses and technicians are experienced in all things kids, and they're ready to take care of your child's needs. In addition to excellent care, our Southlake urgent care center offers:
- Board-certified pediatricians and pediatric specialists, RNs, on-site diagnostics and care
- Express registration
- Urgent care walk-ins accepted
- Express check-in accepted until 9 p.m.
If it turns out that more serious medical care is needed, your child will have access to the best pediatric emergency care available at Cook Children's Northeast Hospital in Hurst, Texas or Cook Children's Medical Center located on the main campus in Fort Worth. Our Teddy Bear Transport team is always ready for those extremely critical cases when your child needs to get to our medical center quickly.
Urgent care physicians and staff
- Prosanti Chowdhury, M.D.
- Juan Cocjin, M.D.
- Carey Cribbs, M.D.
- Cindy Durr, D.O.
- Magda Fawzy, M.D.
- Philip Fuller, M.D.
- Jacqueline Hanna, M.D.
- Diana Huston, M.D.
- Althea Jarrett, M.D.
- Meredith Krebel, M.D.
- Steve Lemons, M.D.
- Michelle McKane, M.D.
- Judith A. Reva, D.O.
- Audrey Runyon, CPNP
- Debra Valis, M.D.
- Rebecca Walker, M.D.
Care that's close to home.
If you and your pediatrician decide that your child needs specialized care, Cook Children's is right here, in your own backyard. Our team of board-certified and board-eligible pediatric specialists are dedicated to providing patients and families the highest quality of care.
Pediatric specialties include:
- Please bring your ID, insurance card and preferred form of payment.
- We accept cash, checks and credit cards.
- We also accept insurance: PPO, HMO, CHIP, Medicaid. Copayments are due at time of service.