Preparing for your child's visit
Welcome to Neurosciences. We are happy that you have entrusted the care of your child to us. As you get started on your journey, we know that things can seem pretty complicated, so you'll find information here that will help keep things a little more simple.
Prior to your visit, you will want to contact your managed care provider with questions about your insurance coverage, co-payments or deductibles. It's important to know ahead of time what is covered under your policy. Also, if your plan requires that you get an approval or preauthorization, you will need to meet those requirements before you arrive for your appointment so that you don't have to reschedule.
You may be contacted by a patient registration representative with benefit information for your service. Depending on your situation, you may want to meet with someone from our social services department for assistance with financial issues and, if you are coming from out of town, information on transportation and accommodations.
For your convenience, an automated call, text or email will be sent to remind you of your next appointment.
- Map - Find where we are, where to park and what to do when you get here, like going to the registration desk on the first floor of the Dodson building before coming to the Neurosciences Center. Click here for directions, parking and more.
- Family Medical Planner – Parents of patients have lots things to keep up with, appointments, treatments, medications, home care and more. Our Family Medical Planner can help you keep track of everything, and for older children and teens, provides a way for them to take an active part in their care. The planner is FREE and is available online. Download your planner now.
- Cook Children's Retail Pharmacy - Did you know you can now fill your child's prescriptions right here at Cook Children's? It's easy, convenient, friendly and you don't have to make that extra stop on the way home. Learn more about our pharmacy here.
- Express Registration – Quick and easy online registration saves time and stress for patients and parents who are scheduled for a specialty clinic appointment, testing, or an inpatient or outpatient procedure. Learn more here.
- Your first appointment – Get information on what to bring and what to expect for your first appointment by clicking here.
- Preparing for surgery – Having surgery can be stressful and scary for a child. To help ease these fears, please visit this page to learn about our surgery tours.
- Preparing for EMU stay – If your child's testing or treatment requires a stay at our Epilepsy Monitoring Unit (EMU), you'll find useful information on what to expect and what to bring here.
- Preparing for outpatient rehab – Rehabilitation services may be a part of your child's neurosciences treatment plan. If your child has been referred to our program, you'll find information to make your visit go more smoothly here.
- Continuing care at home – Many patients require ongoing treatment at home. You'll find information on giving care to your child at home as well on our Home Health services here.
- Insurance and financial information – Everything you need to understand your bill, answer insurance questions, information on financial assistance, and more can be found here.
We are here to help.
If your child has been diagnosed, you probably have lots of questions. Call our offices at: 682-885-2500 to schedule an appointment, refer a patient or speak to our staff.