At Cook Children's Northeast Hospital, we focus on convenient, expert care with REMICADE infusions.
REMICADE infusions now available on Saturday. Cook Children's Northeast Hospital is offering:
- Appointment options six days a week, including Saturday
- A private room for infusions
- One-on-one nursing care
- Gaming and TV systems for
patients during infusions
Remicade infusion care at home
To the patient, parent or legal guardian of the patient: Although the remicade infusion was given at the hospital, delayed side effects may occur after being discharged. Side effects may include, but are not limited to the listings below.
- Unexplained fever three to seven days following infusion
- Unexpected skin rash, flushing, hives or itching
- Extreme fatigue with severe weakness
If these side effects continue, please notify your physician.
- Urine that is red, brown or black
- Changes in vision
- Swelling of hands or feet
- Swelling in arms and or legs
- Numbness or tingling in any part of the body
If any of these side effects occur, please notify your physician.
If the patient has trouble breathing, chest tightness or pain, call 911.
These instructions are intended as general guidelines. Your doctor may provide you with specific instructions. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact your doctor.